Leonardo Forum

Unbeantwortetes Thema

Research Internship UMCG, Groningen

Autor Nachricht
Verfasst am: 16. 09. 2019 [10:08]
merve
I am a master student in Neurocognitive Psychology and I started my research internship on the 1st of August in University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) in the Netherlands.

Internship
I applied for an internship in the UMCG by sending my application via e-mail to the research group that I am interested in. During the application process, I saw that UMCG has a lot of interesting research going on in the area of Cognitive Neuroscience. My project is about auditory verbal hallucinations in schizophrenia and healthy controls. The project provides me the opportunity to gain experience with fMRI data analysis. Weekly lab meetings are also a great opportunity to see what other research groups are working on. Another advantage of the UMCG is that it has a very central location, only 10 min away by walk to the city center.

Accommodation
I started searching for an accommodation in Groningen two months before my arrival. Finding an accommodation is quiet challenging here compared to Germany, especially when it is the beginning of a new semester. There are plenty of student dorms and hotels available in Groningen. However, the rents are more expensive than in Germany (around 350-500 euros) and most of them requires a deposit up to 1000 euros. Finally, I decided to search for a WG and I found my room from one of the Facebook groups (Student rooms Groningen). Kamernet.nl is also a useful website when you are searching for a student room. Make sure that the room you want to rent is possible to register to the city which you need to do for your internship.

Transportation
I used the train connection from Oldenburg to Groningen which is for free with our semester ticket from Oldenburg. The trip lasts around 2 hours with the bus transfer from Leer. The most common way of transportation in the city is by bike. The buses are also available very often. A single ticket costs 2.70 euros and you can only pay by card in some bus lines.

Daily Life
Groningen is a university city with a lot of students which builds a young atmosphere. You should definitely check “Kei Week” if you are here in August. It is a big organization to welcome new students. So far I did not have problems regarding the language, since almost everyone speaks very good English.
The shops are open until 18:00 and Thursdays until 21:00. You can also find open shops on Sundays in the city center from 12:00 till 18:00.

I hope all these information is helpful for the upcoming students and I wish you all a successful internship.

Benutzeranmeldung

Bitte Benutzernamen und Passwort eingeben, um sich im Leonardo Forum anzumelden. Um Beiträge LESEN zu können, ist KEINE Anmeldung erforderlich!

Hinweis

Jeder Beitrag wird vom Leonardo Team kontrolliert und erst danach freigeschaltet. Sie erhalten keine Bestätigungsmail darüber, dass ihr Bericht akzeptiert wurde. Ob der Bericht akzeptiert wurde, lässt sich über den jeweiligen Ordner ihres Ziellandes prüfen. Ist der Bericht angenommen worden, befindet er sich in der Regel eine Woche nachdem Sie ihn hochgeladen haben im Ordner ihres Ziellandes. Die Inhalte der Beiträge macht sich das Leonardo Team nicht zu eigen, sie spiegeln auch nicht dessen Meinung wider. Außerdem behält sich das Leonardo Team vor, Beiträge aus dem Forum zu entfernen, die rechts- oder sittenwidrig sind oder das Ansehen der Leibniz Universität Hannover und ihrer Einrichtungen beschädigen.

Letzte Änderung: 29.06.2015